July 2015 – Present CA Technologies, Plano, TX
Principal Technical Writer / Principal Technical Information Engineer
- Currently leading the product documentation effort for Mainframe Team Center – Operational Intelligence, CA NetMaster Network Management, and CA Output Management Web Viewer.
- Crafting documentation machine learning use cases based on newer technologies such as Docker and Bintray.
- Authoring content updates and managing DocOps Platform (Confluence Wiki environment) spaces for CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation, CA NetMaster Network Management, and CA MIM.
- Documenting and testing APIs with the Swagger Editor and Swagger plugin in Confluence.
- Recording and editing rich media, such as creating CA Education YouTube videos that enhance product documentation in Adobe Captivate and ActivePresenter.
- Migrating and modernizing content to the DocOps Platform from AuthorIT.
- Authoring content, maintaining DocOps spaces, increasing NPS scores, and advising on other Mainframe product documentation such as CA XCOM Data Transport.
- Mentoring and training new hires in the department.
- Working with organization leaders to update and modernize all the standards for Mainframe and Distributed documentation on the DocOps Platform.
- Working frequently on multiple projects in Agile SAFe
June 2007 – July 2015 CA Technologies, Ewing, NJ
Senior Technical Writer / Senior Technical Information Engineer
- Authored documentation in an Agile environment for various products in the distributed and mainframe business units
- Successfully implemented scenario-based content and lean content strategies with support from the product owner and received positive customer feedback
- Implemented Google Analytics for products in distributed and mainframe to support the public content initiative, and monitored end-user behavior using this information
- Mentored a new hire by presenting department standards and best practices
- Frequently provides guidance to other technical writers about best practices
- Lead the global writing team for an enterprise service desk product, such as adopting scenario-based content, and expanded the context-sensitive help system
- Authored content for a new Flipboard cookbook for the enterprise service desk product
June 2006 – Sept 2006; May 2007 CA Inc (Computer Associates), Princeton, NJ
Technical Writer, Intern
- Updated documentation and graphics for products in distributed and mainframe
- Worked with a global team of writers on various projects
- Assisted with a presentation given to a user group meeting
- Learned the importation and standardization of product documentation in AuthorIT
June 2004 – Aug 2005 InfraMap Corporation, Windsor, NJ
Subsurface Utility Engineer
- Located underground utilities for the NJDOT and NYDOT
- Effectively used Metrotech instruments for locating utilities (810, 850, 880B, 9890)
2013 New Jersey Institute of Technology Newark, NJ
Degree: Master’s in Professional and Technical Communication
2007 New Jersey Institute of Technology Newark, NJ
Degree: Bachelor’s in Professional and Technical Communication (PTC-BS/MS)
Minor: Science, Technology, and Society (STS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Mastery of content management systems and authoring tools including AuthorIT, RoboHelp, and Adobe Framemaker
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Visio
- Advanced user of multimedia suites including Adobe CSS (Photoshop, Audition, Illustrator, and Captivate)
- Extensive experience with HTML, CSS, and XML
- Fluent in Polish
Mainframe, Agile Development, SAFe, Scaled Agile Framework, SaaS, Cloud, Structured Writing, Security, Electronics, Sports, Music Composition